In Carpi, a historic town in the Modena plain, there is a dairy that has been producing Parmigiano Reggiano cheese since 1933, and in the courtyard area of which there is a centuries-old Oratory built in San Giorgio. For this reason the dairy is called “Oratorio San Giorgio” and it is thanks also to the protection of this saint that one of the many miracles of nature is repeated every day: the production of Parmigiano Reggiano.
The Dairy Oratorio San Giorgio is structured as a cooperative agricultural society made up of 7 members who, distributed throughout the territory between Correggio and Carpi, supply the raw material for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano and Fresh Cheeses twice a day.
Attached to the dairy, since its foundation, there is a shop for the direct sale of products.
History of the Dairy
The dairy has been producing in Carpi since 1933. Over the years it has increasingly become a point of reference in the area, not only for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano, but also as a subject interested in enhancing the territory and its traditions. Elements indissolubly linked to our products.
With this in mind, the contribution made by the Dairy to the restoration of the Oratory dedicated to San Giorgio was a very important moment and felt by the members.